My betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
He has been chilling in one of the pots i made into a cave. Is this normal for them to hide? as well as hiding between my plants and the wall.

The reason I'm asking this is because I have 2 male bettas one likes tank mates and one doesn't! The only time my bettas have hidden is when I put tank mates in with one and he would always hide! Otherwise normally mine swim mid- level or close to the surface! :)

10g tank and there are white cloud(2) zebra danio(2) and pygmy cories(4). it is cycled i keep temp at around 76.

I have seen no aggression since we put him in a week ago.He used to swim alot and be very active and i just noticed him hiding alot today and yesterday.

also i realize that danios need a bigger tank but i got them before i joined this site and knew that information

yup went from bowl into tank :/

but like i said, he was very active before

BHead707 said:
just did a water change yesterday..but ill check them real quick

If it's not the water params and they test ok, IME it could just be that he don't like tank mates or he has some type of ailment! But Bettas do need to go up for air occasionally so this concerns me. Have u seen him go up to the surface at all?

If it's not the water params and they test ok, IME it could just be that he don't like tank mates or he has some type of ailment! But Bettas do need to go up for air occasionally so this concerns me. Have u seen him go up to the surface at all?

0ppm amm
0ppm nitrite
10ppm nitrate

and hes out of the cave now and cruising the tank. maybe im just being paranoid ill keep a close eye on him.

BHead707 said:
0ppm amm
0ppm nitrite
10ppm nitrate

and hes out of the cave now and cruising the tank. maybe im just being paranoid ill keep a close eye on him.
Or maybe he just REALLY likes the cave! Lol! Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom