My First Tank (10G) Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You buy the shrimp eggs and hatch them in a coke bottle or buy them frozen, the latter being more convenient.

just feed them once a day. try to keep their diet varied as well. pick up some frozen food--mine like brine shrimp--and give it to them once or twice a week instead of flakes for a treat. also feed a pea or two once a week (i do peas twice a week, my cardinals get bloated all the time) to help keep them regular :D i also pre-soak the flakes for 5 or 10 minutes in a little cup of tank water for this purpose

+1. I personally spoil my fish :) They get bloodworms or brine shrimp once a day and flakes every other day, the puffers get snails and mr. betta gets his pellets.

If you have any bigger fish, they tend to swallow food, break it up, and spit it back out and re eat, so that's one way to break up flakes :p

I've seen the Convict Cichlid do that. But the Tetras need me to break up the food for them. All the larger pieces are sitting on the gravel.

Peppered cories look nice, and the neolamprologus genus as well. How many neolamprologus should I have? Just a pair?

And wow this is an expensive hobby... I've already spent almost $120 and I haven't gotten any light, plants, or fish yet... And I've spent at least $20 bucks worth of gas money driving around to stores, that pure ammonia was hard to find!

Craigslist is a blessing

Back
Top Bottom