My pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fantastic looking tank! Very much like the twin towers.

How big is and what are you stocking?

Ya did it Dwayne! Tank looks good and has more plants than I thought. Just do what we talked about and add some more plants and I think you'll be surprized how it matures with time. If you do get that bigger tank I'd leave the roots out and try to find some nice driftwood pieces or even one large piece.

Tank is a 75 with live plants. The tall items are mangrove roots which the fish love to swim around. Tank is stocked with all amazon fish to include:
7 Veil angels
6 long fin tetras
3 green coreys
13 mexican cherry barbs
Assorted amazon plants to include swords, java moss, java fern, frogbit and amazon drift wood.
water is tinted with indian almond leaves.

Looking to move into a 165 of the same type once I get the stand built.
Thanks for the comments.
Dwayne

Thanks Janis, will do! There is a lot of drift wood is already in there but there is always room for more. The java fern likes the driftwood for attachment as it does not like to be planted in gravel. I believe with the new tank, I will get better results if I use an aquatic soli like we talked about before. I will be bugging the heck out of you once I get started, as I want the plants to thrive like yours.
Dwayne

Had a fish die off again. Lost one of my angels this morning, and another one when I got home. I had to do something so I called in an expert. As always the expert will want to check water chemistry. Water was perfect except the PH of 8.0. As my tap water is always 8.0 and the only thing out of the ordinary in otherwise perfect water, we are focusing in on lowering the PH. Did a drop of 0.4 in the last 24 hours. I know the experts recommend 0.2 over a 24 hour period, but in my case, getting below 8.0 as fast as possible was the way to go. Will keep watching and lowering over the next 30 days until I reach 6.8 where angels like to be as well as the Amazon plants. If I do nothing, everything will surely die. Keep your fingers crossed!
Dwayne

I agree! But with the die offs, the only thing that makes any sense is the high PH. The fish that are dying in particular are the angels. They have a lower PH tolerance than any of my other fish, and have been primarily the only ones dying.
PH is now 7.4 and steady. I have done nothing morre to the tank or fish. I know to keep an eye on the PH and leave it just as it is for the next 3 to 4 weeks. If my die offs decrease or even stop, I will know I am on to something. A pro is expected by my house sometime today to check O2 saturation, dissolved solids and a few more things than my API master test kit can measure.
Any other thoughts? Especially those of you that keep angels.
Dwayne

Back
Top Bottom