Need advice, first medium size aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaclayton94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all I am new to the forums, I have kept fish before but either in smaller tanks or just cold water stuff.
Here is a link to a video of my tank:

I have:
1x Black Ghost Knife
1x Bristle Nose Pleco
6x Neon Tetras
1x Red Tail Shark
2x Blue Dwarf Gouramis
3x Glass Catfish

Are my catfish hiding away because there are too few of them?

I'm also looking for a good feature fish that will be compatible with what I already have in my tank, any suggestions?

Cheers.

Thanks, pretty hard to get a quality video with potato quality iphone uploading though haha

Welcome to Aqarium Advise and nice looking tank love the redtail.But some advise I would offer is maybe getting rid of the neons they might wind-up as a treat for the gkf.And getting some cardnal tetras or rummy nose they are bigger.Also glasscats are schooling fish so I would add another 3 at least.other than that looks good.As for otherfish it depends what u like u could give us names of some fish u like and we can tell u if they will work.If it was me I might add an angelfish or maybe some rams.

Thanks. I am we'll aware that the tetras may become lunch but none of my other pay attention to them plus they are very fast and have lots of hiding spots. I would love to get angelfish but I'm afraid my dwarf Gouramis might nip their fins :(

It's almost a 300L aquarium so I'm after a big, colorful, peaceful fish.

Welcome to Aqarium Advise and nice looking tank love the redtail.But some advise I would offer is maybe getting rid of the neons they might wind-up as a treat for the gkf.And getting some cardnal tetras or rummy nose they are bigger.Also glasscats are schooling fish so I would add another 3 at least.other than that looks good.As for otherfish it depends what u like u could give us names of some fish u like and we can tell u if they will work.If it was me I might add an angelfish or maybe some rams.

I will be going to get another 3 glass catfish next week, thanks

Spotted severums look very appealing. I think they will be hard to find though

Back
Top Bottom