neon tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a spare 55 laying around and I would like to put neon tetras in there only. How many could I put in there?
Thanks
Brian

I have 2 HOB filters rated for 70 gallons each. Petsmart has them on sale for 1$ I think ill start with about 25 so that petsmart doesnt have any more neon tetras lol

lol i love buying out the whole stock of fish its hilarious. big tanks with just neon tetras look really cool, even cooler when planted ;)

Lol ya ima go to all my IFS stores and wipe them out of neons hahaha with a minimum of 50 lol

Lol ya ima go to all my IFS stores and wipe them out of neons hahaha with a minimum of 50 lol

All the petsmart in my area have been sold out for a month! And I live in the Tampa area. LoL the managers I've talked to said they don't anticipate getting them for a while...I asked for a rain check...you could if u needed to too :p

Oh I've had bad experiences with the neon tetras at my petsmart, I bought 12 in total, I was super careful to acclimate them, and BAM I only have one or two left in a week :banghead: I would suggest getting them online, or maybe it's just my petsmart, well, good luck! I would put 55 in there with maybe two plecos, and planted!

Oh I've had bad experiences with the neon tetras at my petsmart, I bought 12 in total, I was super careful to acclimate them, and BAM I only have one or two left in a week :banghead: I would suggest getting them online, or maybe it's just my petsmart, well, good luck! I would put 55 in there with maybe two plecos, and planted!

I hear the same thing! And my friend bought 50..and put in a well established tank and all but 10 went belly up within 2 weeks. They do have a 14 day guarantee on fish...she got some from a local direct from farm store and they all lived...I'm wondering if their supplier is over breeding/bad breeding. When talking to my manager at petsmart he said all the local fish here are harvested in fl then sent to Atlanta then sent to the local warehouse. Then sent to the stores...I'm like um why send fl fish out of fl only to send them back...idgi

I have 2 HOB filters rated for 70 gallons each. Petsmart has them on sale for 1$ I think ill start with about 25 so that petsmart doesnt have any more neon tetras lol

If you want more but they dont have any, ask for a rain check on them and the sale price. They have to give em too you

Back
Top Bottom