New 20--Looking to try something different

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've a 15gal with the Scarlet badis, rainbow threadfins, and the Peacock gudgeons that is heavily planted. I managed to snap a few pictures, and I'll try and get those uploaded to photobucket and posted up sometime over the weekend or early next week. Certainly with the S. badis live food is pretty much required and those really thrive much better with it as well.

This one isn't perfect, but will give you a bit of an idea of color - keep in mind that those colors aren't very visible to the naked eye - they appear more as a pinkish-grey to just look at them.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I do think that are quite adorable little fish, high color or no. But if they do better on live food I may just have to reconsider--my LFS is the Foster and Smith Live Aquaria retail outlet...they don't sell live food, and even if they did, I'm still 15 miles away....which is why I offer frozen food. I hate the idea of bringing home a fish and not being able to give it what it needs to thrive. So, that said, maybe I'll switch gears and start looking at apistos a little more closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom