new 30g suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

checkvalve

Aquarium Advice Regular
A friend of mine just gave me a 30g for free. Looking for ideas on what to do with it and stocking ideas. Community, biotype, planted???

I say you should plant it and base the tank around Rams. I love a nice planted tank with those little guys as the centerpiece.

A planted Dwarf Puffer tank! They're 100% freshwater and require 2-3 gallons per fish. You can probably keep 10-15 of them in there! They do require it to be a species only tank however, and the only other fish they 'allow' is the Otocinclus Catfish.

i would also go with planted. and i love the ram idea aswell. u could get a few dwarf species like apistos or rams or bolivian. sooo many options........ u can just neevr choose

well, i am gonna suggest something different.

Here are my ideas:

1) a planted Killifish tank.
2) a planted badid badis badis (and sub species) tank
3) a planted rainbowfish tank
4) a stoney/sandy tanganyikan setup

I completely agree with Rams. Just be sure water quality is near perfect, or they may not survive, or not look so colorful. The better the quality, the better they look.

a planted badid badis badis (and sub species) tank
This is what I have in my 30, it's a great tank. Badis Badis, Zebra danios, and kuhlii loaches. I gave up on planted though, and currently have a low light setup with just java fern. I've also done a black water Amazon tank with hatchets, cardinal tetras, and cories--that tank worked well. I tried an African rift tank, that didn't work out too well, the 30 was just a bit too small.

soooooo many diferent options. I believe I'm gonna go w/ a planted w/ the rams, but what are compatable w/ them....I have a few ideas that i'm tossing around as far as plants and I never had Rams before, but I do keep my water quality near perfect......just a habbit now. Thanks for all the input.

Rams are pretty peaceful. You can put just about any community fish with them. Will be getting angels to put in with mine in my 75G. I also have Serpae Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, some BN Plecos, a Sailfin Gibbiceps pleco, red tail shark, cories, etc. All get along pretty well.

Pretty much only to other sharks. Have not had problems with them and other fish. They are much more aggressive than the rainbow sharks when it comes to other sharks. But they pretty much leave everyone else alone. They do tend to keep invaders out of their den if they have one. My red tail is still small, and pretty much just swims around the whole planted tank looking for food and eating some algae.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom