New Centerpiece ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure might have to ask someone with more knowledge of the two fish. It was just a suggestion hope you find the perfect fish.

Tropicalfish12 said:
I'm not sure might have to ask someone with more knowledge of the two fish. It was just a suggestion hope you find the perfect fish.

Thanks!!! :)

No not like black knife ghost fish elephant nose fish use pulses to find out where they they have very weak eye sight and like a soft bottom so that is does not hurt there nose

Tropicals said:
No not like black knife ghost fish elephant nose fish use pulses to find out where they they have very weak eye sight and like a soft bottom so that is does not hurt there nose

BGK's do the same thing, use pulse to get around, very nocturnal fish, poor eye sight, I'm pretty sure they r from the same family if they have similar bodies to them

Bala Sharks or Silver Dollars. But from my experience Bala Sharks wouldn't do well in a community tank. I had 3 with a rainbow shark and they almost killed it. But I've heard of people having their balas do well with other fish... I think a school of Silver Dollars would look really cool once they got bigger but I don't know how well they do with other fish. Btw they are both schooling fish.

vanimal said:
Bala Sharks or Silver Dollars. But from my experience Bala Sharks wouldn't do well in a community tank. I had 3 with a rainbow shark and they almost killed it. But I've heard of people having their balas do well with other fish... I think a school of Silver Dollars would look really cool once they got bigger but I don't know how well they do with other fish. Btw they are both schooling fish.

Vanimal? Phillies fan? Lol i actually have 2 silver dollars right now, bout 6-7 inches each, they r nice but I find them kind of boring, I dunno, might just be me lol

vanimal said:
Oh cool I've never had them

Yeah they can be a lil jittery from time to time but overall a pretty cool fish, picky eaters from what I've learned over time

Oh I liked them because they kinda look like red bellied Piranha... lol

vanimal said:
What did you feed yours and how many should be kept together?

Its kind of up to you on how many u wanna have together but they are a schooling fish, I found mine to eat bloodworms more than anything else

Yeah piranhas school too haha. What is their Max size? Like 7 inches??

I know I'm not a mod, but vanimal maybe you should start your own thread to get answers to your questions so the OP here can get the on topic answers he needs on his thread :)

Back
Top Bottom