New Centerpiece ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigbanker said:
I'm very fond of my my school of roseline sharks.

Not too familiar with them, picture?? I actually might be leaning towards doing a discus tank with some tetras and Bolivian rams :) not positive yet tho

paytertot said:
YESSS!!! Haha :lol:

Lol, I knew you'd be happy Hahaha, haven't made up my mind yet but i am really leaning that way lol

Last edited by a moderator:
DanS180 said:
Lmao I knew you'd be happy Hahaha, haven't made up my mind yet but i am really leaning that way lol

Lol I will be so excited if you do. Let me know if you have any questions!!!

paytertot said:

Lol if i do it won't be for awhile, I gotta rehome everyone else first :/ but I am interested and have been reading up on them

bigbanker said:
Nope! Just fast eaters. I feed the tank at the same time from two different ends to spread the wealth

Hmm interesting, ill have to look into them too

paytertot said:

I started a thread on this but no ones answering me so ill ask you lol.. do you know if it matters whether the tank has sand or gravel?? And it says Discus like calm waters, I have 2 Fluval fx5's set up on my tank now, is that too much water flow??

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I'm in central jersey go check out hidden reef in Levittown PA u can get the small discus for $35 and the big ones for $50 they're German bred to so they are bred in higher ph levels and seem to be hardier then the Asian ones here is a pic of the ones I got from there it's a really nice store

Jesselav1233 said:
Dude I'm in central jersey go check out hidden reef in Levittown PA u can get the small discus for $35 and the big ones for $50 they're German bred to so they are bred in higher ph levels and seem to be hardier then the Asian ones here is a pic of the ones I got from there it's a really nice store

Wow they're beautiful! :) ill have to check that out. Yeah it recommends getting the bigger ones for first time Discus keepers, do you have any info on the questions I asked above??

DanS180 said:
I started a thread on this but no ones answering me so ill ask u lol.. do you know if it matters whether the tank has sand or gravel?? And it says Discus like calm waters, I have 2 Fluval fx5's set up on my tank now, is that too much water flow??

Well idk about the current thing, I mean I have discus that play in my air pump thingy so I wouldn't worry. Also as far as substrate goes I've only ever had gravel with my discus but I think sand looks much better and its easier to clean with no nooks or crannies for food to hide and make the water bad which just makes more work for you. I say sand.

paytertot said:
Well idk about the current thing, I mean I have discus that play in my air pump thingy so I wouldn't worry. Also as far as substrate goes I've only ever had gravel with my discus but I think sand looks much better and its easier to clean with no nooks or crannies for food to hide and make the water bad which just makes more work for you. I say sand.

Okay good bc i have 200lbs of sand in my tank right now, wasn't looking forward to changing it lol i think I'm gonna go thru with this tho :)

DanS180 said:
Okay good bc i have 200lbs of sand in my tank right now, wasn't looking forward to changing it lol i think I'm gonna go thru with this tho :)

Yayy!!! Planted??? Discus love plants. I'm also thinking of turning my discus tank into a blackwater setup but idk yet.

paytertot said:
Yayy!!! Planted??? Discus love plants. I'm also thinking of turning my discus tank into a blackwater setup but idk yet.

Yeah I have about 6-7 plants in there now :) I have so many ideas right now, can't wait til I can actually make them real :)

Back
Top Bottom