New fish die instantly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. I wasn't planning on it. When I add water to this bucket should I use the water conditioner? Probably a stupid question.
Assuming you have API Tap Water Conditioner now. Yes, not a lot, about 1-2 drops per gallon is all you need with that. Oh, and don't feed your fish as you don't want any fish waste in that bucket.

I have a white kissing gourami and a blue gourami, but I have bad news..... see attached. On the day I received the master api kit and water conditioner, the tank decided to give up on me. The back seal went and water started leaking. What a mess. I really hope you guys can give me advice to help me rebuild? I also hope the fish survive in the bucket until I get a new tank.
Man! That stinks. Did the seal leak or the glass break? Fishwonder gave you good advice for keeping everything alive too

I have had a bit of experience with this myself.
A while back I meant to get some Cory catfish for my 65 gallon and they both ended up dying in the morning due to ammonia poisoning because my goldfish had produced an ammonia level of 2 in about 3 months. This was our mistake for never changing water and never doing water tests and we are lucky that our goldfish didn’t die. I would recommend checking your tank levels.

@fishwonder... Getting the tank tomorrow. Now. The 2 fish in the bucket. Still live and kicking, looking to eat. I give a little pinch, very little. When I get new tank. How will the old guys survive in the new tank? What steps do I need to do with new tank? I appreciate the help.

@fishwonder... Getting the tank tomorrow. Now. The 2 fish in the bucket. Still live and kicking, looking to eat. I give a little pinch, very little. When I get new tank. How will the old guys survive in the new tank? What steps do I need to do with new tank? I appreciate the help.
Great. Well pretty simple. Fill the tank up with water, substrate and put in your API Tap Water Conditioner. Assume you have a heater so add that and put in your air stone too.

Important, put on your filter that you have kept the media wet and turn in on.

Once up and running, you can put your fish back in. Test water with your API freshwater test kit. You are probable going to need to follow this information about Fish-In-Cycliing.

@charliebankston, did I miss anything?

Great. Well pretty simple. Fill the tank up with water, substrate and put in your API Tap Water Conditioner. Assume you have a heater so add that and put in your air stone too.

Important, put on your filter that you have kept the media wet and turn in on.

Once up and running, you can put your fish back in. Test water with your API freshwater test kit. You are probable going to need to follow this information about Fish-In-Cycliing.

@charliebankston, did I miss anything?
Nope, that's all I can think of too. No need to use any old tank water, it doesn't provide any benefit anyway, and it's prob dirty from the bucket stay

So. Basically. Fill the tank up, put the API water conditioner and filters and stuff an add the old fish after testing the water? Does the water have to sit for 24 hours?

So. Basically. Fill the tank up, put the API water conditioner and filters and stuff an add the old fish after testing the water? Does the water have to sit for 24 hours?
Nope, would be nice to have the temperature about the same. Let us know because I'm pretty sure I know what caused the first fish deaths...

Okay guys. Here we go! New tank and now with the stuff! I put the API water conditioner. Heater in. Temp about 70. Anything else before I put my 2 fish back???

You could go ahead and put them in. Follow post #32. Test your water, just would like to know what your parameters are now since your filter media was kept wet. Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Back
Top Bottom