New Job!!! Now what!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBirdsong

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys!! First off, I got a new job! Still in media but heading to the Fox station in Dever, Colorado. This is a HUGE advancement in my career. Denver is the number one market for News Photographers and only the best in the country even get interviews there. And I'm only 25!! God is good.

ANYWAYS . . . I'm thinking it will be easier for moving purposes, etc to just start over on my tank. I have never had to move cities as an Aquarium Owner. Any suggestions or ideas? Most of you know basically my tank is a High Light, 55Gal, Planted FW tank. More info in my sig. I am not planning to move until January 1, 2006 so I got a little time. :D

Congratulations! Excellent news :D

I have moved long distances with my tanks and how you handle it will depend on what your situation is going to be in Denver. If you are going to be living in temporary digs until you buy a house, or whatever, then you may want to wait and start over. If you are going to find your place ahead of time and plan on staying then You can move the tank and set it up again on arrival. Lots of rubbermaid tubs for plants, substrate and decorations, and coolers work well for fish. You'll want to test the water in Denver and see if it is very different and maybe haul some of the water the fish are used to and slowly introduce the new water with PWCs.

There are lots of threads on moving tanks and fish, and it definitely can be done (Menagerie did this not too long ago) so read up on old threads, and best of luck!

austinsdad said:
BTW, hows Fear134 taking all this???

I'm sure she will post later. She's been awesome and VERY supportive! Luckily Denver is only 1 hour away from Colordo Springs. :D

TankGirl said:
There are lots of threads on moving tanks and fish, and it definitely can be done (Menagerie did this not too long ago) so read up on old threads, and best of luck!

Thanks. I'll do it as soon as I get home from work. Hopefully some other's will be on here soon to add their two cents. I was thinking it would be easier to just sell the livestock back and start over, but maybe not. :)

Congrats dude! Sounds like a real positive move. What TankGirl didn't mention about Menagerie's recent move was that it covered several thousand miles and included her entire menagerie. Sort of like a rolling zoo.

Jchillin said:
... it covered several thousand miles and included her entire menagerie. Sort of like a rolling zoo.

Aint that the truth!! 8O She's an inspiration to us all.

BTW, hows Fear134 taking all this???

Well, here it is.,..straight fromt the horse's mouth, well, girlfriend's mouth more like it. Words cannot even BEGIN to express how happy I am for him. This job is just too good for him to pass up, he works so hard he deserves so much more...even if he has to live an hour away from me :( It's going to be hard I have to admit when he permanently moves up there in the next few months considering he's just in the next building right now and I see him everyday. But I've always told him I'll always be there to support him, right by his side though thick and thin, just as he has supported me going back to school to be a zookeeper.

And I'm NOT just saying all this because I know Peter's reading this. I do mean every word, he is an excellent photojournalist, very passionate about what he does and getting this new job just shows how hard he's worked to move up in the field.

Congratulations!

I've never moved a tank more than about 20 miles so I can't be of help. Even then I had a mini cycle in one tank that had the media safely in it's canister filter. I'm hopeless I guess.

Back
Top Bottom