NEW TANK!!! :-D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr502go

Aquarium Advice Activist
A good friend of mine's wife just had a baby!!! Well, Todd gave me his 15 gal Eclipse tank that he's had running for roughly 5 years. The bio-wheel is very well cultured so I don't even have to cycle!!! He also gave me an aquarium pharmeceuticals water filter, I know it deionizes, dunno if it's RO or not. Also have more chemicals, test kits, food yada yada yada.

As a bonus. . . Todd mentioned to a friend at place of employment, that he was getting rid of his tank, well Todd's buddy asked if I wanted his tank too. I said sure why not LOL So, I get to pick up a cultured 30Gal too!!! 8O

Everything has been free of charge (gonna give Todd $75 when I get paid next tho) Anywho, the 15 has two tiger barbs and TONS of algae, so I got "Gibby" pl*c, which I was told shouldn't get very big, kinda wonder tho.

The 30gal, I know has a good sized Pl*co in it, and some Bala Sharks, not sure what else is there, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll be a busy boy come once a week.

thanks!! I just checked the levels on the 15, PERFECT, pH 7.0, ammonia is 0ppm, same for nitrites, nitrates at 40ppm. Gonna get some plants for it to help keep nitrates down. Right now there's all kind of algae in there (he hasn't cleaned the tank in a while) Sooo, I got a gibbiceps pl*c last nite and he's been a busy boy ever since. Poor lil feller, so much algae, so little time. :mrgreen:

Nice catch :) A while back I got a load of goodies from a co-worker. I paid him about $120, but I got like 4 air pumps (10 gallon, 30 gallon, and two 75 gallons), two Penguin 330 biowheel filters, a Emperor 400 biowheel filter, tons of air hose and bubble wands, and about $40 in plastic plants and ornament :) :) :)

One of the 330 filters is sitting unused. I put the second 400 on my 90 gallon and the other 330 on my 75. I believe in major filtering. I also didn't like how a single HOB filter is only on one side of the tank, causing the water current to eddy on the other side.

I've used a bit of the air hose and one of the water pumps, holding on to the others for a rainy day. The plants went into my 10 and 29 gallon tanks, cause the fish kept destroying the live ones and/or digging them up.

LOL, I like the setup, one of these days I'd like to go to a 100+ gal aquarium, wanna wait for a new house first tho. Not the kinda thing I'd wanna move.

Not looking forward to moving myself, but I think I can handle it. I'm in an apartment now, and don't plan to move far, but definately want a house in the next 2-3 years.

Then I'll get like a 150 gallon :) :) I'm gonna put a full shoal of bala sharks in it, maybe some tin foil barbs. Alas, but it is several years off.

Back
Top Bottom