Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbush

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 56 gallon column tank with 10 rummy nose tetras, 1 angelfish, 1 syno cat, 1 Bolivian ram, 5 cories, and 1 Plecostamus ... And 2 mystery snails.

I have a 56 gallon column tank with 10 rummy nose tetras, 1 angelfish, 1 syno cat, 1 Bolivian ram, 5 cories, and 1 Plecostamus ... And 2 mystery snails.

The only thing I see wrong with that is the pleco. What kind of pleco is it, common?

Unfortunately. He is still a baby 6-8 inches. Not sure how long ( pun intended) he'll last. The bad part is I already had to rehome one. When will I learn? I do love those guys tho.

Bbush said:
Unfortunately. He is still a baby 6-8 inches. Not sure how long ( pun intended) he'll last. The bad part is I already had to rehome one. When will I learn? I do love those guys tho.

As long as you know. Other than the pleco, you look okay to me. :p

Cool. Much obliged. I am thinking of adding a school of hatchets for some top action. Thoughts?

Bbush said:

There are other smaller plecos that would work well in your tank!!

As far as the hatchets go I would say you could add some, just make sure have a lid because I believe they're well known jumpers.

Yeah, I like having a Plecostamus. I didn't know they made smaller ones when I got him. I just planned on upgrading, and I did. I don't know if I will be able to upgrade again or not. It was in a 20 gallon. I am thinking of getting some hatchets in a month or so, but I like to keep my water topped off. I do have my lid on tight but am a little worried about water changes / maintenance.

25% pwc weekly / every other week. I have to take my lid off occasionally. I guess I will just have to lower water level before hand.

Back
Top Bottom