"peppered" cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I saw these about a week or two ago at petsmart.They are like your standard cory but with spots.Kinda neat.

My question is will any kind of cory school with any other kind of cory?

Right now I only have two and want to fill the school out a little (at least one more)...but I'll stick with the same kind if I must.

Fatz

when i asked this, i was told that they will school if the species look alike. If the species have the same colorations and have markings like the other ones then they will probably school.

I kind of see this arise with my corys.

I have 3 albino and 3 greens, they split up the time. 1/2 is spent all together, and the other 1/2 is spent seperated into their own type.

Thanks for the replys guys.I headed to the local store where I bought the other two and they had a few that were just the same.

BUT...they had so much death and disease on some of the tanks I decided I was NOT putting anything from that store into my tank.

One tank had quite a few young plecos in it and I believe more were dead then alive.Pitiful.I shop this store because its a little closer to my house than petsmart and its always looked a little rough,but the fish looked ok.

After what I saw today they won't get another dollar out of me.Not for a filter,rock or fish.I mean how hard is it to catch dead fish? :evil:

Absolutely pitiful.

My green and albino cory LOVE each other they don't leave each other alone but I have a julii cory who only schools with them every now and then and I can't find anymore that look like him >__<

i have 5 peppered cories and one unidentified type of cory cat...sometimes i wondered if the outcast would be lonely but it sure seems awfully happy

Back
Top Bottom