Pics of My Pleco. Can anyone ID it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satsumas

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just took some pictures of my pleco and surpsrisingly he/she wasnt scared off by me! thats a first!

Anyway, i only know that its a dwarf pleco of some sort. I've had some trouble identifying it ,from my description someone at my lfs said that it may be a female bristlenose? and looking at some of them it did look very similair if not the same.

Sorry but these pictures arent great quality and have some reflection and light which make it harder to see.

If anyone can help me id it i would be gratefull. Thanks.

It definately looks like a BN.

You could try www.planetcatfish.com and look at the catelog and then go for common names. bristlenose catfish are nice and dwarf. Though if they start to grow bristles, it doesn't mean that it is a male. some female BN's grow bristles but they are extremely small in comparison to males and not quite so outspoken as male bristles.

I can't help with the fish ID (sorry) but for your photos, check your camera for a button or setting that looks like a miniature flower. That will enable you to take up close shots and stay in focus. If it does not have them, try to pull back from the tank some, and zoom in a bit. Then if you have the software, you can crop the image down so you can see the pleco more clearly.

hth!

- chris

Oh right yeah i see the flower. I'll take some more if he/she comes out when i turn the light off.

Can i edit my previos post and delete the pictures? I dont want to post a 3rd time on the same subject if possible.

Thanks for the advice!

Well imo it seems like a BN. When i looked at the BN's in my lfs i was 99% sure it was the same. These ones were smaller and seemed more darker in colour, could've been the lighting though.

Anyone else think differently to a BN?

No problem. It's called macro mode. Fool around with it a bit, you'll get some nice pictures of the tank, and be better prepeared when your pleco shows himself.

I think you can edit your post, bu there may be a time limit. You can just reply to this thread instead of making a new one though.

Cheers,

- Chris

Rather than using the quick reply box at the bottom of the page, click on the "Reply" button at the right of any of the posts in the thread. This will give you more options for your response.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom