Play sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It all depends on how much you rinse it first, and how much filtration you have. It took just under a day for me.

It all depends on how much you rinse it first, and how much filtration you have. It took just under a day for me.

Very true depends on how much you rinse first I did mine in about 2.5 hours and managed to get it all it settled right away when filled just put a plate or something to that effect when filling

Well ill be putting a sponge filter in for the tank cause its going to be a breeding tank, and I didn't rinse very long maybe like and hour it took for 50 lbs

Well ill be putting a sponge filter in for the tank cause its going to be a breeding tank, and I didn't rinse very long maybe like and hour it took for 50 lbs

That sounds about right did you rinse till the water was clear that's what I aimed for that is

Not really it was still alittle cloudy but now I can probably see like 6 inches into the tank. I might change all the water tomorrow and pour it in one cup at a time

I also used play sand in my 55 gal and I used three buckets and 1 at a time I put the Garden hose in there and pushed the sand around with the water pressure but when it got clear I let the water run stuck down in the sand for another 20 min longer and I had no floatys.I love the look and good luck

Yeah I'll try it tomorrow ill keep you guys posted on how it goes and ill include some pics too on before and after

So here are some pics after I did a 100 percent water change, sorry I forgot to take a pic before I did it...

image-355041505.jpg

image-2027252908.jpg

How long should I wait to add my shrimp/ guppies?

So here are some pics after I did a 100 percent water change, sorry I forgot to take a pic before I did it...

How long should I wait to add my shrimp/ guppies?

That's a very deep layer of sand- I thought sand substrate had to be shallow to avoid the gases from anaerobic bacteria building up?
I don't know, I haven't done mine yet- but I'm keen to know whether its true or not.

Back
Top Bottom