Please help me with stocking an 88 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree^^^ I never worry about PH with my fish as long as its reasonable and stays consistent. Keep us posted, I'd like to see what you decide and how it works out. :)

Is your water soft or hard? My driftwood doesn't effect my Ph but I have very hard water.
The average hardness level for Juneau's water is 3.2-4.4 GPG. The water comes from surface water off a local moutain creek. It's not treated other than adding chlorine for sanitation and soda ash is added to reduce its corrosiveness.

I'm not really sure what those numbers mean. I know I should being that I'm keeping fish. I'm still learning :)

If you want to use crushed coral, add a little at a time and test the Ph of the tank and when you get to where you want it to be then you know you have enough Great idea! I think if in the end I do decide to increase ph, this will work just fine! Will the coral need to be changed out from time time or just left alone?

I agree with mumma, 6.7 isn't really that low and the fish should do fine. Unless your trying to get a certain fish to spawn, that ph should be fine.

Thank you everyone for you time! It's great to know what works for others.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom