PLEASE HELP! TONS of POOP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmobley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon planted tank.

In it I have 5 Long Finned Zebra Danios, 3 Spotted Cories, ~8-10 Ghost Shrimp and a growing number of small snails that hitched a ride on my plants (Seems to be a mix of Pond and Ramshorn.

I have a sand bottom and it is always covered in poop. I can literally vacum everyday and by the next morning it is like I have not even touched it!

Who is the culprit? Any suggestions? Thanks!

I would guess the snail population. Try to minimize feeding and it will wean their numbers down. Hand remove any you can.

Caleb

i use to have the same problem when i swap from gravel to sand,and is not a nice sight lol,but after i bought some malaysian trumpet snail i just vacum once a week when i do the water change...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i use to have the same problem when i swap from gravel to sand,and is not a nice sight lol,but after i bought some malaysian trumpet snail i just vacum once a week when i do the water change...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's just the way sand works ;)

Instead of getting trapped in the gravel it sits on top so you don't miss any during cleaning :)

Caleb

Thanks, that was kind of my thought. I have began reducing the amount of feeding.

Back
Top Bottom