questions about emperor 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edisondave

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55g with an emperor 400 on it. My water is cycled and have had fish in for about 4 weeks now,15 small fish , some platys, swordtails, tetras and zebra danios. My water looks a lil cloudy, and like there a tiny lil airbubbles floating through it. My filter has 2 extra empty baskets in it, should I be running carbon or anything else in those, and if not what can I do to clear up the water? I do 20% water changes every week, temp 76-78, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 10-15. I have 4 live plants in there also(not sure of names), only feed fish once a day, and leave light on about 8 hours per day. Im new to this and just trying to get it right, so thanks for any help.

I just have the basic pads that it comes with in there. 2 of them, each of them have a pad on 1 side and a lil charchol looks like on the other side. It came with 2 empty baskets that I can fill with something and then slide them in front of each of the 2 pads already in there. So I dont know if I should be running something in those 2 empty baskets or not, and I dont know if that has anything to do with my cloudy water or not.

You can put active carbon in them.. they sell it in milk carton looking containers. add a little in that and helps out your bioload.

Back
Top Bottom