Rabbit vs nerite snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw them at the store, and I've become wary of buying stuff I've never heard of before. Then I saw them for sale on this site, and read around, and I'm wondering if the rabbits have a similar personality to nerites? They eat gsa, and I'm assuming they don't eat plants. I know they're livebearers, which is cool, and reminds me of mts.

if you do a google search for rabbit breeding, there's an article on a plant forum where a member fed a high protein diet and was producing more offspring than the tank that was getting mostly veggies. we were having a discussion the other night on another forum and got linked to that thread.
nerites will DEVOUR algae. I've even seen them take on a 55g covered in GSA and have it sparkling in a matter of days.

why would you put a rabbit in a fish tank? LOL jk ^_^ V i personally would go with nerite, just because they dont breed in FW lol, i dont want a tank full of snails!!!

I bought 3 nerites today, and they're already going at it, I was just wondering how the rabbits were :)

Thanks guys!

rabbit snails/tylos are more of a show snail like apples where nerites are more of a work horse. just depends on what you want to do. lots of cool looking nerites people add for hteir looks. though they stay a lot smaller then the tylos.

I found 2 zebras and one tiger I think. They were in a tank with clown loaches, and there were quite a few empty nerite/rabbit shells (a little more than half).

Back
Top Bottom