Rescue Update.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hc8719 said:
frozen or live foods always boost a fish's health, note that pimafix has been known to be a carcinogen (cancer causing)

turn up the heat, and good luck (that guy at the LFS was an idiot, kenyii are african cichlids, and severums are south american

LOL, well, i can't say he is an idiot... he is more a genious when it comes to fish... like i said before, he didn't know the kenyii was in there...

OK! an update... got pimafix and melafix :) and he seems to be doing better, i think...he hides alot, but is swimming better... the fins are healing ok... ick is gone... so yeah, he is doing ok, but not as fantastic as it should be. Only time will tell i guess now... cross your fingers for him :)

UPDATE :p

He seems to be do alot better. Eating like a pic, and swimming alot. Still hides some of the time, but is usually out in front looking for food.
sorry for the crappy pics
img_766440_0_2325bfc44cba26896f979604a620b73c.jpg

img_766440_1_aac37d91c20fb41c0b3e80f10fac47b3.jpg

img_766440_2_cdd57c26b6a2292532b46fc590bc1e67.jpg

YAY! Lucky Marshmallow Cod is Healed!!

After a bout of ick, body fungus, and what i thought to be internal parasites (white stingy poop that was really long) Lucky Marshmallow Cod is finally healed. And it was worth rescueing this fish. Luckily i was able to make a DIY QT tank out of a rubbermaid bin which floated inside with an air driven filter.

I treated with melafix and pimafix, and an internal parasite medication that i cqant think of the name of off the top of my head. I also used heat and salt for the ick.

He is now growing... and loves to eat. He's so peaceful, which really suprised me.

Now the pics of him with all his beautiful fins
img_769453_0_e3afe1aa27caffc899af13679816082a.jpg

img_769453_1_fe8c302048895ac068f5a791092788ee.jpg

img_769453_2_9d37677862cc3e028d6bab7af3fcdb04.jpg

I am so happy that he pulled through, I was almost positive that he wasnt going to make it, one night he was just floating around... not even using his fins... but now... WOW, what an improvement.

He looks great, good job man!! Mine are almost healed (one got a little beat up by the Firemouth), I just had to seperate them from the FM. They couldnt hold their own against him, so I am going to let them grow before I put them all back together again.

I love severums. They are very interesting and quite resilient, as shown with this whole experience.

so I went to the LFS today, and they had green and gold severums. the gold ones were kind of expensive, so I got two green ones. I just love those faces.

he looks like he will rub noses with you.

Goldie and Queen Pen Brit Ana BooBoo both rub noses with me. Thru the glass of course.

Back
Top Bottom