Residue on aquarium sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgbcom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
IMG_1130.jpg
Hi!
I have a small 10 gallon tank and have had it for years (over 5) including the fish in it. Do all the regular stuff: weekly 1/4 water change, regular water conditions checks, etc.
As I have two clown loaches ( yes I know, 10 gallons is too small ) I feed them pellets for bottom feeders. 1/2 to 1 tablet for two fish. I changed brands recently to a leading brand and a residue began to appear on the sides and front of the tank. Could it be from the food? Im attaching a pic.
Thanks for any help on this! :thanks:

I don't see a pic, but I've had residue from some types of foods before. What color is the residue? Does it clean off readily? Has it altered your water parameters noticeably?

muck.jpg

Hi, thanks for your response. The residue is the same as the color of the pellets.
Water parameters are normal PH, Nitrate, Nitrite and Amonia

Sorry for the pic, link was wrong. Hope you can see it now!

To me, the residue looks a lot like algae and I doubt the new food had much of anything to do with it. Turn the lights off and maybe get a snail or two that can help with the algae

To me, the residue looks a lot like algae and I doubt the new food had much of anything to do with it. Turn the lights off and maybe get a snail or two that can help with the algae

Yes it does look like algae,. Snails wouldn't last a day with the clowns. Reason I bought them! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom