Scottyhorse's 25 Gallon Community Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh really how do you like them? Do you have any pics?

They look exactly like the photo you posted yesterday.

They are the same size as regular neons because they ARE regular neons, just with different coloration as the result of selective breeding. Same species, Paracheirodon innesi.

If we are talking about Gold Tetras, not Gold Neons the problem with Common Names is that there are two or three species going by Gold Tetra. One gets over 2".
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hemigrammus-rodwayi/

Your Cories need caves or overhangs to get under to rest. Your hatchets will appreciate some floating plants to feel safer. They are not pushy feeders and may starve if you buy pushy fish. I hand feed them with a baster to make sure they get frozen food.

Most Cories will eat their own eggs/babies. Don't be surprised if they breed and then eggs disappear.

Okay, so since I have to call the petco guy after 4:30, what fish should I get? Considering they are not $5 a piece and they have them of course. I am going to get five.

Gold Neon Tetra
Gold Tetra
Albino Blushing X-Ray Tetra

Okay, so since I have to call the petco guy after 4:30, what fish should I get? Considering they are not $5 a piece and they have them of course. I am going to get five.

Gold Neon Tetra
Gold Tetra
Albino Blushing X-Ray Tetra

That X-ray looks pretty awesome. It's up to you really. Just pick the one you like and order it! :)

It's so hard to choose though!!! ARG! I don't know what to choose!!! I mean I know there are going to be other tanks, of course (haha) but I don't know what I want for THIS tank.

Yeah but aren't they sensitive though? That's why I was going to go with the tetras. Oh! It's 4:30 gotta call soon! Eeek!

They are pretty fish. Please keep us posted. Good choice IMO. :)

tip: Never, ever buy them on the day they come into the store. Losses are most likely within the first week. ;)

They are supposed to come in on Thursday, and we could pick them up Saturday. The guy said that he will only sell them if they are nice and healthy. I trust him. Will that be okay?

Also, after I put the tetras in, when should I add a couple cory cats?

I'm excited!

Soo happy for you! So you adding 5 right? I'd say next week with the next 5 a coy will be good! How much are they?

Back
Top Bottom