Scottyhorse's 25 Gallon Community Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CharlieKlein said:
I'd reccommend like 10 gold neons. They'd look great

I wholeheartedly agree. Neons give a very different impression in a school larger than 6. I had 6 for a long time but when I bumped them up to 10 the school came alive. In a 25 with the rest of your stock list it should be plenty doable. They have the smallest impact on water quality out of the fish on your list. I doubt a couple more will hurt anything but it'll make a big impact on there presence.

Hm. Cool!

So the stock is looking like this

6 Hatchet Fish
10 Gold Neons or Gold Tetras
4 Cory Cats
2 German Blue Rams

Hm. Cool!

So the stock is looking like this

6 Hatchet Fish
10 Gold Neons or Gold Tetras
4 Cory Cats
2 German Blue Rams

Sounds pretty awesome! Not sure about the gold tetras because they may be bigger, I'd stick with gold neons. And then mabe a bn pleco?

Alright so what should I order first and how many?

Considering that they are avl. and aren't too expensive, Haha.

I'd say 3 hatchets or 4-5 gold neons. Kit sure Anount the hatchets buti neons are a bit sensitive, so if hatchets are less/more is order accordingly. How are the Cory's doing? I'm thinkin of having them be my first addition so want to see how yours are holdin up?

Hatchets are typically more difficult to keep than neons ime. I wouldn't start with them.

Sounds pretty awesome! Not sure about the gold tetras because they may be bigger, I'd stick with gold neons. And then mabe a bn pleco?

For clean up I have my cory cats, amano shrimp, and a couple nerite snails.

And I'm pretty sure that gold tetras are small too.

True, and also with the small bioload 10 iMO is alright. And glad to hear the Cory's are doing good! Can't wait to get my lepoard/false Julli Cory's!!

For clean up I have my cory cats, amano shrimp, and a couple nerite snails.

And I'm pretty sure that gold tetras are small too.

No idea about the rest of the stock except for Gold tetras. They are about the same size a zebra danios. Very hardy fish. I had 4 that spent the summer in a small garden pond and if not for their shininess I would have never seen them in the murky water. Fished them out in October when the temps got into the 50s. I have 6 now and when they were by themselves they were antisocial. Each staked out its own territory and stayed there. Added 6 long fin blue danios as dither fish to liven up the tank. It worked. No more hiding and lots of mingling. The males do this "dance" where they swim (more like flutter) in parallel and one of them charges the other.

I like them (had them about 3-4 years) but would like some color (rummy nose or neons/cardinals).

This thread is up 27 pages!

Really? On my computer it's up to 40 pages! =P

Oh, i think that's because of the ads. I'm using the AA mobile app on an iPhone. makes it convenient when it comes to posting pics. It's a nice app but I don't think I can do everything on it compared to a computer. however, it supports voice to text so I don't have to type everything.

Oh, i think that's because of the ads. I'm using the AA mobile app on an iPhone. makes it convenient when it comes to posting pics. It's a nice app but I don't think I can do everything on it compared to a computer. however, it supports voice to text so I don't have to type everything.

Ah.....that voice to text would be nice! As far as I know, the app is just forumrunner with our logo slapped on it, so that is probably why posts/page is different on there (although you still can adjust posts/page on a computer). I believe that's also why you can't do things like social groups on the app.

Hey guys, y'all are getting off topic here and I'd hate for them to close down this thread.

As far as the size of gold neon tetras, I have 2 and they are the same size as regular neon tetras.

Back
Top Bottom