Shiping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I wanted to try to sell fish. How and what do I need to ship them?

I was wondering the same thing.

I have some zebras that I will be looking to re-home pretty soon. They came out of a tank I rescued from craigslist and it had about 30 zebras in a 10 gallon that was so heavily planted they had no room at all. Since getting them out , in QT for around a month and have been in my community tank for about 4 months but I need to get rid of some of them so I can add something else instead.

Oh yeah , shipping?
I have access to plenty of those styrofoam containers so thats the easy part for me. I just need to know the best way to package the fish up inside , and I assume priority mail would be OK.

Styrofoam containers, breather bags... This is just what i've heard from others. I've also heard that you put barely any water in there (just enough to swim) because what's important is the oxygen in the bag.

Styrofoam containers, breather bags... This is just what i've heard from others. I've also heard that you put barely any water in there (just enough to swim) because what's important is the oxygen in the bag.

Breather bags? Ok I'll bite. Whats that??

Also would you pack something around the bag the fish are in in order to keep them from getting bounced around inside the cooler.
Should I get most of the air out and replace it with pure oxygen as well. I would hate to try shipping and have them arrive DOA.

Back
Top Bottom