Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huh that's interesting. So far he seems to be pretty nice to her. They're just swimming around pecking at stuff atm.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Hi guys! I was just curious as to what the usual spawning behavior is for rams. I can see the tube on the female again but isn't it too early? Or is two weeks an approximation? A lot of chasing is going on currently which hasn't been happening before today. So did they break up? Or are they just getting ready to lay more eggs?

Mine spawned yesterday about a week after the last one! She might be ready to lay eggs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I never had enough time to watch for chasing so I can't answer that. My female always hangs out in the area she will lay the eggs the day before and day of laying eggs, and then she shows no interest in the eggs. Male is the only one who seems to guard the eggs.

Ok :) I appreciate the info. Im pretty sure they are getting ready to spawn again but I can't help being paranoid with chilids

She may have already laid eggs and he is chasing her away from the eggs/nest.
Seen many males do this.
Some never let female near eggs ,others eventually take turns or just back off and let female do it.
Yea they chase each other.

She may have already laid eggs and he is chasing her away from the eggs/nest.
Seen many males do this.
Some never let female near eggs ,others eventually take turns or just back off and let female do it.
Yea they chase each other.

I haven't noticed any eggs yet, and the male doesn't seem to be hanging in any particular area, but I'll double check

Forgot to mention that her tube maybe visible the day after she lays eggs, and I have had the male chase the female from the nest before. I'd take whatever rambandit says about the rams over me though.

I didn't notice any eggs, but there's always the possibility I missed them

I've seen this before!
Do you think they need to be separated?
I've seen more pair breed to death then kill each other when I was beginning my breeding.
I have often since removed the female after eggs (especially when the male was tending them anyways!) and let her have a week 'at the spa' all to herself(right next to the breeding tank).
She watches all and eats however much all on her own still watching the show but protected!

Peacock cichlids.... lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha if I'm gonna get any fish from you for a 55 it'd be Discus before peacocks. I love the multis, but I'm still not feeling that much of a pull for african cichlids.

If they weren't so expensive I'd get a gulper catfish.

Filters arrived today! Two biowheel 350s for 700 gph. Should be enough filtration for anything.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whats up, you crazy newlyweds? How's dem tanks doin?

Whats up, you crazy newlyweds? How's dem tanks doin?

We're trying to decide what to do with the other 55! Starting to lean towards a pair of discus. All of our other tanks are great. Guppies just had another bunch of fry, loaches are getting bigger and fatter and we're getting more tomorrow! Angels are as good as ever although one of them is still much smaller than the other. I'm being paranoid about that.

Back
Top Bottom