Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fun fact: MissGurnus doesn't know they're here and still think's they're arriving tomorrow. I've kept it a surprise for when she gets home from work :D

Unless she is on the AA app at work. Either way a great suprise!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Unless she is on the AA app at work. Either way a great suprise!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nah, she left her iPod at home, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this!

They're a pretty stunning pair of fish. I'm real happy with them. But I'm curious- the shipper sent them in methylene blue. That's the first time I've had that from shipped fish. Is that a normal thing?

My discus were sent in water that had a blue tint to it. I'm guessing the same thing. Probably to help with stress levels.

Caleb

Probably paraguard. Not a bad idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So MissGurnus is home and I still haven't told her. Taking bets on how long it takes her to realize they arrived!

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

About 5 seconds. Every good fish keeper checks on tanks first thing.. Or is that just me?

Caleb

About 5 seconds. Every good fish keeper checks on tanks first thing.. Or is that just me?

Caleb

Well with me around she doesn't feel the need to check them right away! Plus she gets caught up looking at the 55!

Ended up being about 20 minutes- got home, ate dinner, went to check the fish. :ROFLMAO:

OFIWlDg.jpg

If you're looking for angelfish, I had a pretty great experience with this guy- these fish are more beautiful than I can capture in a picture. If you can't get them from Poppa or Andy then I might suggest trying Fishfancier on aquabid- he has "what you see is what you get" pairs of all sorts of colors going all the time.

Atleast he didn't get 2 blood parrots and keep them a secret:p beautiful angels by the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How ya been Missy G. Long time no speak. Hope all is well in the land of fish surprises.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How ya been Missy G. Long time no speak. Hope all is well in the land of fish surprises.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's been going really well! Life is finally settling out and all the fish keep us busy and happy ^_^

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

New 55: ammonia 0, nitrite >5, Nitrate >160. ....what the heck?

New 55: ammonia 0, nitrite >5, Nitrate >160. ....what the heck?

How did/are you cycling?

First thought says wait upto 4 days for nitrites to zero.
Add nothing and with low trites I would change nothing(no water change).

You are close.

Fishless. I'm not worried about the process, just confused how I hit 160 ppm Nitrate with 2 doses of 4ppm ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom