Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh i didnt mean literally stopping them lol just leaving the eggs this time so they get a little bit of a break

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Don't take this the wrong way but your thought process is all wrong. It's actually more work for the fish to raise the spawn than it is for them to lose it. Yes, having them work their spawn does extend the time to the next spawning but it puts more work and therefor pressure and stress on the parents. If you want the fish to rest, you'd be better off ( IMO) just removing the eggs and wiping the slate off and replacing it than letting them have it. This way, no work on their part beside bulking up for the next spawn ( which is what they would be doing anyway.) (y)

That's good to know Andy. I think I'm still going to leave this spawn in there just to see what happens. Would be neat if they parent raise, but I'm not expecting it. And it should delay the next spawn enough to free up some space...

As for 4 tanks per pair, we'll be at 4 tanks per pair with the 40 breeders. A tank for each pair, two 15 gallon bins, two 40 breeders, and the 55. Plus the 26 gallon.

Don't take this the wrong way but your thought process is all wrong. It's actually more work for the fish to raise the spawn than it is for them to lose it. Yes, having them work their spawn does extend the time to the next spawning but it puts more work and therefor pressure and stress on the parents. If you want the fish to rest, you'd be better off ( IMO) just removing the eggs and wiping the slate off and replacing it than letting them have it. This way, no work on their part beside bulking up for the next spawn ( which is what they would be doing anyway.) (y)

^^THIS^^

Even in their own separate tank the parents guarding behavior has to be unnerving and is clearly a lot of work.
If the fish want to spawn they will.
I have had 2 batches in the last year where parents laid and hatched a second spawn while 'some ' fry from #1 spawn remained.
The one pair had 4 survivors for 2 months(1/2 inch) this breeding season and kept on schedule through out!:rolleyes:

Whelp learned something new today. Was obviously mislead

Not all pairs will be strong and 'active'.
Some can be easily 'broken' by simple changes like;moving(we weren't kidding with warnings of ceased breeding when they were shipped),diet,water,TEMP,new room mates....

The fish that are not easily stopped are strongly bonded and have usually been conditioned to do exactly what they are now doing.
Breeding as often s possible!!!:eek:
That is the goal I know...

More tanks is the answer....(y)

What was the question?:nono:

:facepalm:^This is probably why I keep messing up!^:facepalm:
easily :ermm:

Distracted:confused:

Not all pairs will be strong and 'active'.
Some can be easily 'broken' by simple changes like;moving(we weren't kidding with warnings of ceased breeding when they were shipped),diet,water,TEMP,new room mates....

The fish that are not easily stopped are strongly bonded and have usually been conditioned to do exactly what they are now doing.
Breeding as often s possible!!!:eek:
That is the goal I know...

More tanks is the answer....(y)

What was the question?:nono:

:facepalm:^This is probably why I keep messing up!^:facepalm:
easily :ermm:

Distracted:confused:

Yeah, what he said............. :D:ROFLMAO:(y)

Thanks guys! Couldn't be having this much success without all your help (and magic water apparently ;) ) I'm really hoping that the panda koi pair does eventually spawn. Mentally prepared for them not to.

So this next painting is the fish painting of all fish paintings xD ollie was doing water changes so i ended up using not so dirty fish tank water in my paint brush cup

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452021312.404355.jpg

Its in its very early stage so don't worry it'll be more interesting! This ones yours CB!

Pandas are good! Female is still hiding a lot. But the male isn't particularly rough on her, she's just being really timid. Ann and I are talking about egg crate. But aside from that they both eat like absolute pigs. She's actually out right now and he's being civil.

Ann and I have a running joke that he's spurning the female because he's in love with Ann :lol: He follows her all the way around the tank, and if she leaves the room he swims around trying to find her :lol:

Hahaha..... Hes gonna take your wife.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only thing stopping him from stealing her is that Ann is just as attached to the female panda :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ann can't wait to see the tank water painting! Are you taking requests? Lol

I certainly am willing! Though if i get too many i may have to start charging people, wouldnt be much. Just shipping and the canvas and paint cost. Stupid canvas is expensive lol what were you thinking?

So this next painting is the fish painting of all fish paintings xD ollie was doing water changes so i ended up using not so dirty fish tank water in my paint brush cup

View attachment 283016

Its in its very early stage so don't worry it'll be more interesting! This ones yours CB!

Ann can't wait to see the tank water painting! Are you taking requests? Lol

I feel very lucky and anxious!
Looks great so far!
Can't wait to see it progress...
The fish water is what makes this the perfect set up so far.

You kids and these dreaming threads....
Anyone notice any of my replies????:nono:
It is a shame that being naive is almost criminal today...

I noted watching Charlie Brown everyone called him stupid and even his own dog laughed at him....and no sensitivity sessions or adult intervention was needed to work things out.
The good ole days!

You guys are rough but I think we are far to soft and PC today for our own good...

If you don't like it ill fix it until you do :) i wont send anything you don't like.

Back
Top Bottom