Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I broke up my cuttle and put one half on one side of my 55g and put the other half on the other now u said that it breaks down in the water so how good is it for my plants or will it hurt them... I'm sure the calcium in the water is good for the fish!

xfactor6699 said:
Ok so I broke up my cuttle and put one half on one side of my 55g and put the other half on the other now u said that it breaks down in the water so how good is it for my plants or will it hurt them... I'm sure the calcium in the water is good for the fish!

My concern is if it dissolves in the water, it'll raise my pH (which is already 7.8).

With apple snails (mystery snails).. being that they aren't fully aquatic, do you ever have troubles with them crawling out of the tank?

I saw a product on petco and it was a calcium supplement that you pour into the water? Anyone know if this is legit or if it can be harmful?

Mr. Limpet said:
My concern is if it dissolves in the water, it'll raise my pH (which is already 7.8).

I was told by one of my friends that it raises ph by such a small fraction that ur liquid test can't even tell

maddybrat said:
Haha calcium is good for them too but I was just agreeing and saying it will keep your fish healthy and strong just like milk for people.

Really nice

pantherspawn said:
With apple snails (mystery snails).. being that they aren't fully aquatic, do you ever have troubles with them crawling out of the tank?

My lid is really tight

pantherspawn said:

I have a small hole they can get out of but I have had them for a week and they crawl next to the hole but never try to escape.. They can live for a while on land so I'm not to worried about it.. My cats are what I am worried about hah. But they hardly come into my room.

I don't have a lid on my planted tank. The rams horn, bladder snails and assassins arsenal all aquatic so I don't worry about them crawling out. Also not sure if my assassins would be able to take down an apple snail or even a nerite that was nearly full grown.

maddybrat said:
?? Did I say something wrong or something or was that serious?

I am saying nice because I didn't know that .... It was a good "really nice"comment

Back
Top Bottom