Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hovoc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I cant get enough of these little guys. I have a yellow and an ivory one. i think they are more facisnating to watch than the fish. of course, i may take this back the day i seen 100 baby snails in there..

anyways, who else likes them?

ya my snail is fun to watch, he will go on top of our rock ornament which is pretty tall and then he will just jump off it and slide down the water until he hits the bottom and he used to climb into the air bubbles and then fall into them and fall down

So it is possible to have one snail without having an outbreak.

Just don't buy a female one, right. How do you do that?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. :roll:

What kind of snail are you talking about? I had 11 apple snails for about 6 months and they never even attempted to breed. When it comes to pond or MTS, they will breed no matter what.

No kidding! Well I would love to get a couple. I guess I should do some research on which ones are okay. My son would get a kick out of them.

one guy at petsmart said they can breed asexually, but he was kinda cocky and may not know.

the two snails i have now have bumped into each other once, and that was it, they have generally been on opposite sides of the tank

I dont think that nay snail will outlive a loach for long. I know that my 1 inch puffer wil attack and kill a medium to large apple...somethng that is about 50 times his size...he doesnt care I think loaches are the same way

Back
Top Bottom