Species only tank input needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FISH-M0NK3Y

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm upgrading from a 29 gallon to a 75 gallon tank. The 29 gallon currently has Neon Tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, Albino Corys, an Oto and a Bristlenose Pleco. Pretty heavily planted. I like to just go with a very large school (~50) of either the Harlequins or Neons. I can't decide which to go with. My neons all currently seem to always hide out under the plants and don't school as tightly (there are 11 of them). The harlequins are smaller in number (4 after a couple recent deaths) and are almost always together and not hiding as much.

Just looking for some extra input if others have done either or any advantages/disadvantages to either species...? Both have done really well in my 29 gallon. The ones I have now have been there for over a year. I'm also open to other suggestions, but the neon and harlequin are my most easily obtained around here.

Most current pic of the 29 gallon attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7922.jpg
    IMG_7922.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 60
I say go with the neons, and huge school like that would look stunning. I currently have 15 in my tank and if I could fit more I absolutely would. They are hardy, beautiful, and a lot of fun to watch.

May the force be with you.

I vote for the harlequins. They are tight schoolers so they'll look amazing!

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom