Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sry I must jump in cardinals are a bad idea especially right after a cycle cardinals need ph around 6.8 which is opposite of gourami rasborias would be better... cardinals are hard to taker care of they are very sensitive they need a well established tank

Neons are hardy but watch out they have their own specialized disease just watch I had a school of 25 adf added 3 and in 8 hours lost all but the 4 i have now just qt them before adding to tank and dont add lfs water from the bag to ur tank

no no no! your mixed up. neons have been breed so much that it's really hard to keep them while cardinals are hardy.

allaboutfish said:
no no no! your mixed up. neons have been breed so much that it's really hard to keep them while cardinals are hardy.

Cardinals are wild caught and are sensitive to being keep in captivity and neons only down fall is neon tetra disease trust me I've read up and have asked everyone when i went through deciding what one I wanted

What about neons?

Actually, if you find a good stock of neons then there usually isn't any problems. I got 8 neons from my petco, and only 1 died. I replaced him and had no other problems. Neons that aren't inbred are very hardy. I have mine in a tank with a ph of about 7.5, which is supposedly too high. Ph usually doesn't matter much to most fish. If you add the neons first there should be no problems, either they turn out to be bad stock, and you get a refund, or they are good stock, and you may have one or no deaths.

Also, most colorful dwarf gouramis are male, the females are less colorful. It doesn't matter if the neons/cardinals/rasboras are male or female because they hardly ever breed or fight in a community aquarium. Same goes for ottos.

Both cardinals AND neons are not known as the hardiest of the tetras.

Rasboras can be found at Petsmart etc and are probably would be considered more hardy than either Neons or Cardinals.

A couple hardier tetra types: Glowlight, Black Skirt, Black Neon

Just my 2 cents.

allaboutfish said:
they used to be hard to breed bc they need acidic water to breed but now they are breed.

Well 6 months ago I called every online aquarium breeders and dealers trying to find them and they all told me the same thing so if u know something no one else does please let me know...

or zebra danios or glofish
Zebrafisch.jpg

glofish_009_std.jpg

and here are the harlequin rasboras
p-89920-harlequin.jpg

I would skip the danios/glofish. They are very active and should have at least a 20 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom