Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one female German blue ram. The males are much brighter but she's pretty too. Very peaceful. She's with Cory cats & zebra danios. A 2" oscar as well for the moment. She sticks around him probably bc they're the more intelligent of the rest. Love this little fish

ForumRunner_20130606_110743.jpg

They like the temp on the higher end. I keep mine at around 80 degrees. I've heard they're more difficult to keep but IME they're not hard at all. At least not my experience with this one.

Any peaceful community fish would go good with them. I had a couple neon dwarf gouramis I like them too. They're actually more territorial of the fish I've kept. Not in a fighting way but if they claim an area they'll run out whoever comes around. I had two for a year. They would eat of my fingers & come stare at me wherever I was. One got trapped in a decoration & died & the other got ich when I lost a lot of fish to that. They were the hardest to flush lol I loved those guys.

If you get more than one they might pick on each other at first but it shouldnt last long.

Ya if they claim an area they will run other fish out but won't chase them more like "charge at them" or what I thought was hilarious was they'd use they're feelers to push other fish lol

What if I got a male and female would they entertain each other if u know what I mean or would they become more territorial ??

Unless there both males, people have came to this forum saying that they got two males and they are always fighting

I had two males & theyre picking on each other lasted maybe a day or two. Different strokes for different fish though. It's difficult to find a female because they aren't as bright colored. They're fine on their own though.

Ya if you get just one it will be fine. In a tank your size if you end up with two males they could leave eachother alone but most likely they will fight

Back
Top Bottom