Stocking a 20 long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FMJnaX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, my new 20 long is finally set up and is cycling (should be done in about 7 days). I'm also starting to add my plant plants, wood, and stones. Now is the time for me to seriously start looking at stocking. Here are the tank specs:

Size: 20 gallon LONG
Substrate: Flourite base with play sand on top
Lighting: 80W (2x24" fluor. ODNO 4x)
CO2: Pressurized and injected
Filtraction: Unknown right now. Will pick it up with fish. I currently only have a Tetra Whisper 10 on there now, just to keep things moving. Taking suggestions on this as well. Canister/internal/HOB...
Hood: None. It's an open top, high water line. Can screen it off if needs be

Ok, so I know that at least 1 bristlenose pleco will be going in, no doubts about that. The rest I'm not sure about. The tank isn't a show tank at all. In fact, it's in my bedroom. lol. The tank will be planted quite heavily so I really need fish that won't see it as a feast (nibbles are fine). I don't really want to go with the traditional neons or guppies, but they're always an option. Since I have an open top, I'd prefer non-jumpers, but I can easily screen it in if I have to.

So, what does everyone suggest?

Sounds like the perfect tank for some dwarf apistos. Mine don't bother the plants at all and once they become comfortable with the environment, won't hide too much.

Dwarf Apisto. added to my list to check out.

I should note that I can't seem to find a decent stocker for fish in my area. I have one store still tocheck out in Dallas (an hour or so away). I should be able to find anything there, however.

Anyone else?

I would be safe and at least get a screen top.
What about some dwarf rainbows, cories, and/or rams?

I think a tank like that would be perfect for some dwarf cichlids like rams or apistos, cories and some schooling fish like tetras. - I recomend them to everyone, its my favorite combo.

Back
Top Bottom