Stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tholamew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone!

Since AQadvisor went down, I feel completely clueless about stocking levels on my tank, so I'm looking for some advice/ideas.
One of my angelfish recently died, and I'm trying to decide what to restock my tank with. I've read a lot of places that suggest just leaving my remaining one angelfish solo, as opposed to replacing the lost one and dealing with aggression issues.
I'm leaning towards getting some harlequin rasboras, but I'm unsure of how many I could safely introduce to my tank without over stocking it. Does the 1"/gal rule hold true for them?
I also have 2 zebra loaches, however I recently read that they should be in groups of 5, so I feel like I should get 3 more. Obviously that would reduce how many rasboras I could get, but I'm hoping I could still get a small school of at least 5 in addition to the new loaches.

Thanks everyone!

Tank details:
36Gal bowfront
Fluval I-206 & aquaclear 30 HOB
78°
16 gal water changed weekly
Lots of plants and driftwood

Current stocking levels:
1 Koi Angelfish
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1 German Blue Ram
1 Ottocat
2 Zebra Loaches

Attachments

• 15893260711705641653351437367314.jpg
    15893260711705641653351437367314.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 36
The otto cats should be in a group as well. And your tank is gonna look empty with all the bottom dwellers.

If it were me, I would rehome the otto cat and get a group of 6 harlequin rasbora as well as filling out your group of loaches.

Thanks for the advice. I've tried on more than one occasion to keep multiple Otto, but I seem to have trouble keeping them. Had 6 at one point, but they kept dying.

After my last attempt, I said I was going to stop bringing them home to die. Maybe I'll try one more time if I end up moving my remaining one.

After my last attempt, I said I was going to stop bringing them home to die. Maybe I'll try one more time if I end up moving my remaining one.

I said the same thing this last time. Currently seen two dead and see three regularly of the 7 or 8 bought, so we'll see...

I was just on AqAdvisor, worked fine for me. If it was down, looks like it's back up now.

I was just on AqAdvisor, worked fine for me. If it was down, looks like it's back up now.

I've heard from some people that say it works for them, but everytime I try and go on, be it on my home computer, work computer, or phone, I get a "domain for sale" page. I've been getting it for months now. So I have no idea... ?*♂️

Attachments

• 20200519_090234.jpg
    20200519_090234.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 12
Aqadvisor should have told you about the loaches seems like you already knew bout the otos.

I had 3 loaches the last time I was able to use aqadvisor. Maybe it believes 3 is an acceptable number, as it never mentioned anything about requiring more.

Back
Top Bottom