Stocking for a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say you're way overstocked with 8 guppies

I'd say you're way overstocked with 8 guppies

A ten gallon tank would be fine for 6-8 guppies and 2 corys. The ghost shrimp really dont count because of how little bio load they have. I believe in accurately housing fish but if ten gallons isnt enough for 8 guppies then 90 gal isnt big enough for one oscar.

Ok thanks, my little bro loves the guppies colors, would 5 females an three males be good?
I can go with two peppered Cory's
And I guess il just put 8 ghost shrimp

Ok, so I think this is good
6 guppies( 2 males, 4 females)
14 ghost shrimp
1 dwarf gourami

No dwarf g lol they are a lil big for a ten. If you had a 20 long you would have many more combinations. You could go with 2 males 4 females 1-15 ghost shrimp but some will most likely be killed/die/eatin.

There ya go haha. Ya that would work but nothing else. I would recommend getting a 20 long. 10 gal are not very beginner friendly tanks. A 20 gives you more leeway. Make sure you cycle the tank before putting the fish in.

Cories like to be in groups..could do like 3-4 cories and 4-5 guppies too? But I wouldnt do shrimp then. Both are schooling types.

I agree but if he really wants shrimp get em. There cheap, dont take up room, clean the tank, and have a small bio load.

Back
Top Bottom