Stocking help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brox

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have a 40 gallon with 3 zebra danios, 2 guppies, 4 neon tetras, 3 black neons, and one baby guppy, I plan on getting rid of the black neons, but here's my future stock list 6 zebra danios 8-12 neon tetras, 3 guppies, 2-3 Otos 3-6 khuli loaches. Some shrimp and snails, anyway my question is... Can I add some feeder minnows like flat/fathead (idk name) or should I get rid of of some fish? Or not get minnows at all? I have a Aquaclear 110 btw

Feeder minnows often have parasites. Unless you want to treat them for that (or if you have a breeder you know) then I wouldnt.

Brox said:

You'll probably find a mod will delete 3 of your posts for bumping. White cloud mountain minnows are lovely fish, but require colder water.

White cloud mountain minnows are lovely fish, but require colder water.

White Cloud Mountain Minnows are actually pretty hardy, and while they will not spawn in higher temp waters, they seem do to fine in a community tank up to 78-79°F. They're reported to be very forgiving of wide ranges of water parameters, including temperature. I've had a school in my tank for a bit over a year now without any incident, other than one death when a particularly daring male decided to see if he could (a) fly and/or (b) live on land in an unfortunate bucket escape while upgrading tanks. (Turned out that neither was true.) They come in a pretty longer-finned variety as well, known as "Meteor Minnows."

Back
Top Bottom