Stocking my ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leopard danio

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to get a 5 gallon aquarium and I was wondering if this is a good stalking decision

5 celestial pearl danios 1 male & 4 female
2 cherry shrimp both if them females

Thanks for the advise in advance.

My lfs is carrying the tank and supplies I need for it and they are carrying all the fish and shrimp I would like for the tank and I have a 10 gallon so I know about cycling the tank and stuff like that.

thanks again.

The shrimp would be fine, but IMO danios need a longer tank. A 20 long would be the smallest I would put them in. they're very active fish that do best in longer tanks where they can swim more freely. What other fish have you considered?

I didn't really consider any other fish for it can some one maybe give me a suggestion.

Well, for a 5g tank, a betta is about the only thing I would suggest. I've seen fort recommend some fish that are probably a little hard to find in your typical lfs. I'm not much for keeping fish in anything smaller than a 10g tank though.

I saw that in your post.. if this were a 10g, there would be lots more options, as I'm sure you're aware already having one.

Now, are you set on getting a 5g?

I think about it because I don't really want a Betta as I already have gold fish snails and a tropical ten gallon so like I said I will think about it I'll keep u posted if I get one

Back
Top Bottom