Taking suggestions!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
The first picture is the tank i'm wanting ideas on. It used to be my cichlid tank(in the very last picture) and i just got to get a small start on the community tank today! I want it to have some sort theme. Maybe make some unique things to put in it? I don't know. I am just wanting some suggestions. I added a picture of my 10 g crawfish tank and my established 30 g community tank for an idea of how I like decorating. I would also like suggestions on stocking. I want peaceful schooling fish, maybe a centerpiece. Im trying not to have two identical community tanks, so here is what i have in my established tank:

1 Pearl Gourami
4 Cory cats (2 peppered, 1 bronze, and 1 albino)
4 fancy guppies
5 danios(3 zebra, 1 blue longfinned, 1 gold longfinned)
3 neon tetras
2 dwarf frogs
3 mystery snails
Unknown number of ghost shrimp.
This tank is maxed out. I only intend to fill out my schools a little better.

New 30 gallon tank:
3 Platys
6 danios(blue and zebra)
1 plecostomus
A few shrimp

Any decorating or stocking suggestions?

I think I want cherry barbs in the new tank? Advice?

Attachments

• image-2717786553.jpg
    image-2717786553.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image-785567280.jpg
    image-785567280.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-571960177.jpg
    image-571960177.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image-4146563672.jpg
    image-4146563672.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 75
Hi! I am so glad you've been happy with your 30 that you added the gourami too. :) Platy are so fun! I love how they really do stick to the upper middle swim space. Harlequin Rasbora or hatchetfish are top level schoolers. Hatchets can jump, and at some distance, though. What about a dwarf cichlid? I had a Bolivian ram and am now getting gbr's.

CoryFan said:
Hi! I am so glad you've been happy with your 30 that you added the gourami too. :) Platy are so fun! I love how they really do stick to the upper middle swim space. Harlequin Rasbora or hatchetfish are top level schoolers. Hatchets can jump, and at some distance, though. What about a dwarf cichlid? I had a Bolivian ram and am now getting gbr's.

Thank you! I really love it! He adds a lot! I've never had platy until now. I'm enjoying them. :) I have looked at the silver hatchet fish. I think they're really interesting. I am biased against any kind of cichlids for some reason. Lol. I had a bad experience with them. The gbr's are so pretty!!!

Ok, I respect that. :) My Bolivian ram shoaled with my cories and would stop eating to wait for them to eat.

Rainbow fish like threadfins and Celebes might interest you.

CoryFan said:
Ok, I respect that. :) My Bolivian ram shoaled with my cories and would stop eating to wait for them to eat.

Aw. That's really cool. That's why I like communities so much! I will look into the rainbow fish. I thought that they got too big for my tank.

CoryFan said:

I never told you, but I ended up getting 4 hatchet fish and a clown pleco. :)

I never told you, but I ended up getting 4 hatchet fish and a clown pleco. :)

Cool! Clowns need wood in their diet very much - in case you didn't know. I am getting marbled hatchetfish sometime soon too!

Edit: I just saw your driftwood in the other thread. Pretty :).

CoryFan said:
Cool! Clowns need wood in their diet very much - in case you didn't know. I am getting marbled hatchetfish sometime soon too!

Edit: I just saw your driftwood in the other thread. Pretty :).

Thank you. :) I spent $5 on the pleco from someone on Craigslist and he was nice enough to send the drift wood with him. :) That's awesome! You should share some photos when you get them. I really love my hatchet fish! They're so fun! I'll post some pics in a few minutes. :) I'll try at least, the boogers are really fast. Lol.

I will! I have pics on my profile too. I know there is a limit to the amount of pics we can post and once we hit it, I don't think we can go back and delete any from threads. So I try to stick to profile pics!

The first picture I took because my snail had something protruding out of it. Maybe indication of sex? Not sure. The second one is the best pic I could get of the hatchets. :)

Attachments

• image-4131079028.jpg
    image-4131079028.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image-2550638370.jpg
    image-2550638370.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom