Tank capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manbot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 150L tank I'm must wondering how many fish can it hold before it reaches it's capability? I currently have:
3 neon tetra
8 spotted barbs
2 paradise fish
2 silver sharks
3 rainbow sharks
2 penguin fish
3 knuli ( that I never see)

Thank you

you are WAY overstocked,the silver sharks(assuming that there bala sharks) will get up to a foot long,and the rainbow shrks will kill each other.and need a bigget tank.

you are WAY overstocked,the silver sharks(assuming that there bala sharks) will get up to a foot long,and the rainbow shrks will kill each other.and need a bigget tank.

+1 with what alLexX said

150L comes to about 40 Gallons (slightly less) which is way too small for the Rainbow Sharks ... never mind the Balas for now. The Rainbows ... I'm assuming they're juveniles(can reach 6 inches) ... will become territorial with each other as they grow ... will not be pretty. It is usually recommended to have 1 in a 55 Gallon by itself with plenty of caves and rocks to claim as its territory. 2 would require a minimum 75 Gallon so each has its territory to claim ... so you can imagine 3 in a 40 Gallon.

I recommend you return them to the store if possible .. or get a way bigger tank ... same with the Bala Sharks ... they get a foot or so.

I was planing to get another tank anyways so I will separate the sharks before they get too large

Back
Top Bottom