tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well my tank now is here
img_606635_0_84333d61fc8a0d39fdc464f7beb786ca.jpg

and i want to know what to do with the decorations,
i like the right side but the left side is not to appealing because i can barelyt see my plants because of the bridge and they are kind of dieing off on teh bottoms
any ideas

my ideas
1. take the bridge and movce it to the back and make it horizontal and not on a slant and the plant around it
2. take the bridge out completely and have it all plants
3. make another bridge out of rocks and put it on the left and have it be smaller

tomarrow i think im just going to try some different things even though my fish are not going to be happy :( but im open to any ideas you make have
thanks

also after that pic was taken i have my hagen co2 ladder to the left of the filter intake and a moneywort and l repens bunch infront of the bridge

Will the bridge fit if you place it front to back? That way the fish still have hiding places, and you can still plant around the bridge.

I'm a fan of only natural decoratoins in a planted tank. I'd x the bridge and get some driftwood for hardscape

i agree with the driftwood u can get a peice that looks like a bridge and get the same effect with it. i would suggest going for a lower peice so your plants dont get hidden. u could then swap the javamoss on the wood to try and completly cover it which would look really cool. i drilled holes in mine then ran some of my smaller stem plants through it wo they anchored really well and helped hold the driftwood down. i would suggest scrolling through some of the planted tanks on this site and seeing what loooks good to you then try duplicating it n your own personal preference. u have seen my tank before, is there anything u like about it? or maybe there was something in one of travis tank that cought your eyes(besides everything lol) that you might try on a smaller scale. hth

Back
Top Bottom