Tank placement questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaruniaJones88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, in a nutshell a few fish kinda just landed in my lap. Figuratively of course.
Got a tank. 2.5 gallons I think. Got it all set up and the fish are getting used to their new home.

But I have a question/concern. I think I remember reading about this before but I can't remember the details. The tanks current location is one of those Walmart tv stand/cupboard thingys made of particle board I think it's called. Not a cheap one but not a super expensive one.

On it's own it's pretty stable but when, say I use it to get on my feet the whole thing shakes which in turn shakes the water in the tank.

It's also right under a wall mounted TV.

One of the people that sometimes watch it is kinda deaf so when he watches a movie on it the volume goes way up.

Are those vibrations going to disturb the fish?

I have 1 other location I might be able to put the tank and said location is a table/counter that is built right into the house so that's stable.

There’s lots of opinions on tank locations and it’s quite subjective. Some fish are quite social and are curious/like to see movement outside of the tank and there’s also a lot of fish that are quite skiddish and wouldn’t do well in a noisy/high traffic area

In either scenario regardless of the fishes personality, I would opt for the more stable place for the tank rather than something that wobbles around any time someone moves

I’ve got my 75g in the living room, none of the inhabitants are bothered by the noise or traffic and are actually kind of a pain when you’re trying to look in the tank to see something and the fish all crowd in front of you and you can’t see lol

Back
Top Bottom