Tiny snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmeraldMoon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Right it started off with one tiny orange snail but soon multiplied and now there are far too many to count. I do have live plants in my tank so was assuming that's where they came from. I have searched the Internet and can't find these particular tiny snails, they've been in there for a while now and am wondering what the best way to get rid of them are since they are reproducing fast! I have 2 guppies, many baby guppies, tetras and a big brown shrimp (can't remember the name) but he cleans the tank so would like something that wouldn't harm them. Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• image-4156029359.jpg
    image-4156029359.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 67
EmeraldMoon said:
Right it started off with one tiny orange snail but soon multiplied and now there are far too many to count. I do have live plants in my tank so was assuming that's where they came from. I have searched the Internet and can't find these particular tiny snails, they've been in there for a while now and am wondering what the best way to get rid of them are since they are reproducing fast! I have 2 guppies, many baby guppies, tetras and a big brown shrimp (can't remember the name) but he cleans the tank so would like something that wouldn't harm them. Any advice is appreciated!

I read some where that you can put a green bean in and they are drawn to that. You can then pick out the bean with the snails on it and throw it away.

Looks like a miniature ramshorn. Have lots of them as well and the only thing you can really do is to pick them out manually and place them in a bowl of very strong saltwater to kill them off.

Look underneath any driftwood you might have. Mine always hides underneath there.

Looks like a ramshorn snail. Harmless IMO. They will only get out of control if you over feed. You can manually remove them or set a tap with lettuce left in the tank overnight.

Back
Top Bottom