Water Clarifiers: Seachem Clarity vs Acurel F

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ponch

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wondering which product has a better reputation as a general purpose water clarifier? My tank is cycled and I do 25% PWC weekly but I cant seem to get rid of a lingering haze. Your help is Much appreciated. Thanks!

how big is the tank and what kind of filtration do you have? also what kind of media is in the filter?

BHead707 said:
how big is the tank and what kind of filtration do you have? also what kind of media is in the filter?

26 gallon with 2 hob aqeon filters (a 10 and a 30) and a 4x4 sponge filter inside the tank...so more than I likely need... But the aqeon 10 is there in case I need it to set up a quarantine tank for sick or new fish.

i personally have never needed a water clarifier before in my two tanks, is the tank fully cycled and everything

Also I have the blue foam you cut to size inside the aqeons. Comes in a big sheet

BHead707 said:
i personally have never needed a water clarifier before in my two tanks, is the tank fully cycled and everything

Yup fully cycled .. Lucky you.

Yup fully cycled .. Lucky you.

haha, the only guess i could give you is a bacterial bloom of some sort, try giving 'cloudy water' or 'bacterial bloom' a search on here and see what you can find

sorry i couldn't be anymore help, maybe someone else can pop in and steer you in the right direction good luck

BHead707 said:
haha, the only guess i could give you is a bacterial bloom of some sort, try giving 'cloudy water' or 'bacterial bloom' a search on here and see what you can find

sorry i couldn't be anymore help, maybe someone else can pop in and steer you in the right direction good luck

No worries.

The LFS guy is recommending this Accurel F stuff for general sediment particles but have never heard of it. Also understand that seachem makes great products so i thought Clarity might be better.

Am interested to hear from anyone who has experience with either of these products - thx!

Back
Top Bottom