What should I do with this tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielparra1911

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last edited by a moderator:
That is a really unique tank and worth getting ideas, very expensive one too. Does it have a stand? If not you could make one.

Have you kept fish before, if not check out the article link in my signature and many other articles giving some great insight and advice.

What kind of fish do you like when you see them at the store? How big across are the tubes? Schooling fish like Neon Tetras would likely go through the tube back and forth.

A cool option for a background is the window film that makes glass look frosted and you could do a little LED up light in the bottom back to give it a glow.

I like it.

No it doesn't have a stand but building one for could be cool. I've kept fish in the past and have a nano planted tank right now and I also have a fairly large reptile collection. I've never kept Saltwater or Brackish. Neons could be cool. What about Rasboras? I really like Galaxy Rasboras (Celestial Pearl Danios). Do you think I could do plants in this aquarium..? That would be cool. Also do you think one of those diy HOB filters would be good. One for each side? And each tube is about 6 inches across

Thank you, Daniel

Last edited:
That is an interesting tank. Do you have any pictures of the back (where the filters are)?
What would be really cool if you did a planted tank would have one side with high lights and the other with low-medium lights. You could grow a variety of plants in there. The fish can choose the side which best suits them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Galaxy Rasboras aka CPD are pretty shy and although stunning, don't seem to want to be to active out in the open - a common complaint after spending a decent amount of money for a nice school. The trick would be to identify a dither fish which brings it out with a feeling of safety.

My latest favorite fish are the Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis and the Microdevario Kubotai, another which is really nice, sometimes hard to find are Sundadanio Axlerodi 'Blue Neon' previously referred to also as Neon Blue Rasbora. Not really a Rasbora I guess.

That's a unique tank! I'd love to have one of those. You could have a different scene in each.

Does the tank have integrated filters in the back like the picture?

Sent from my XT1254 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With that tank i would do 2 completely different scapes.

1st. - planted tank

2nd - fancy hardscape with rocks.

That's a unique tank! I'd love to have one of those. You could have a different scene in each.

Does the tank have integrated filters in the back like the picture?

Sent from my XT1254 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No that was the only picture I could find that was similar... So no filter. I will try to post pictures of the actual tank I own tonigh.

Back
Top Bottom