What to feed Scarlet Badis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicolej

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have 4 Scarlet Badis fish that don't seem to be able to figure out that anything is food LOL. From what I have read they are notoriously not good eaters, so wondering what I can try feeding them. So far fish flakes and sinking mini pellets are a no go, as are frozen mysis shrimp. I'm allergic to bloodworms, although might be able to try them if I get some rubber gloves to handle them with. The annoying part is they don't even try to eat anything... they will be searching around and picking at nothing in the gravel, but if there is actually a piece of food in front of them, they ignore it! Any suggestions?

Nicole

Spectrum new life has a food which says with Garlic. Every fish I have had loves it. Careful though as it tends to tint the water if you feed it all the time/maybe too much. Maybe just use some granulated/powdered garlic and rub a smidge with the food and try it with what you already have.

well I tried bloodworms today... my LFS gave me some and a rubber glove to try and see if they will eat it and I will get away with out having a reaction. So far so good.. no reaction from me other than one sneeze, and the badises eventually seemed to figure out that they were food and at least 3 of the 4 of them ate some! Although it's going to be a bummer to have to feed them nothing else but bloodworm!

Back
Top Bottom