What would you add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laur94x

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm upgrading my tropicals from a 138 litre tank to a 180 litre (40 gallon?) bow front.
Currently I have
1 bn pleco
4 albino cories
2 rams (they were sold as German blue but I'm not convinced)
1 pearl gourami.

Would like to add a few panda cories too.
Would it be possible to add another small pleco like a bristle nose or is that too much?

All levels are fine, tank has been set up ages, I'm going to wait a while after moving them before adding any new fish but what else would go nicely with these? There's plenty of filtration. I'm not too keen on loads of little fish and don't want guppies or mollies again.

Also, they're currently on sand for the cories but it looks horrible, anything else I could replace it with that would be alright for cories?

Thanks

Okay thanks. It's a shame, I love my pleco but she's so scared of everything, barely see her anymore lol

What about an angelfish??? Or a large school of 8-12 tetras, rasboras, danios, or barbs of some sort???

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Celestial pearl danios would be nice. Plecos are territorial so a single pleco is best.

Would I be able to have an angle in there or would it fight with the others too much? The gourami is quite territorial. Ill look these fish up thanks :)

Any chance of apistogrammas or not with the rams? And would it be best to get another pearl gourami if I can work out which sex this one is? I know you're not meant to have 2 males together but a male and a female?

I'd add some nice Neon/Cardinal tetras or zebra danios to add some movement in the mid-level section of the aquarium.

A bristle nose pleco is fine in a 40 as long as you keep up with your water changes

Back
Top Bottom