Where have all the tetras gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wabyrd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, here's the whole story. I had a 55 that sprung a leak and decided that it was the perfect time to upgrade to a 125 tank. Since the 55 sprung a leak at 10PM on a Sunday night, I had to make an emergency purchase of 2 10 gallon tanks to keep the fish overnight until I could get a replacement tank. I got the new 125 the next morning and added my fish and filters to the tank. Looks beautiful (except I need more plants still). Nobody died as I was able to save a few containers of gravel from the old tank and of course the biowheels from my filters. This is when the mystery started. My neons began disappearing. Only one or two at first, but then they all were gone. I added 14 more just this past Monday and now I'm down to 1 left! I haven't been able to figure out where they are going to. I haven't found any remains and I haven't seen anybody being aggressive towards them. Here's what's in the tank:

1 Neon left, but I anticipate he'll be gone by morning
5 black skirt tetras
6 lemon tetras
6 bleeding heart tetras
6 lamp eye tetras
7 red flame tetras
6 black neon tetras
4 glass cats
5 guppies
10 long fin zebra danios
15 assorted platys
3 large plecos
4 small clown loaches
2 blue prawn shrimp (medium size)

Does anyone seem like a murder suspect? I like having the schools of neons, but I can't spend $40 on fish every week to keep some in there.

Nevermind, I think I have found the answer to my question. If there's anyone in the Houston area (Pearland) that would like 2 nice shrimp, let me know. They're free. Just e-mail me and I can meet you.

Don't neon tetras rest on the bottom of the tank at night? Along comes shrimp, crunch. Sorry to hear about it, they're hard enough to keep alive as it is without something eating them!

I like the fish you have in your tank, it sounds very peaceful. :)

Paul

Back
Top Bottom