Which fish to add now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, thanks Fishfanatic, i am planning on getting 2-3 more labs as well.. ok, now i want to take a trip to the fish store!!! LOL.

LOL They certainly are beautiful fish. And the purple adds a different look to the other colors.

I got one today!!! I will be getting more of course, but i only add one-two fish every week. Man he's georgous.

I got confused and thought that Kenyi were semi agressive and decided to add them next when at the pet store. I just read they are listed as agressive. The store will take them back, do you think there will be a problem staying with them or should I take them back and add them later?

They are small (1 inch or so) much much smaller than the yellow labs.

If your worried just rearrange the decor in the tank, it sort of throws off all the established territories and settles them all back in together.
hth

Matt.

So if I add some Acei's then all I have to do is rearrange the decor as I add them and this should emilinate any major agressiveness?

the first fish i got where kenyi and labs... and an auratus. I just recently added my first Acei (will be adding more and more labs) and so far no aggression issues. Of course i have rearranged my tank twice since i started.. lol. But since they are small you shouldn't have a problem.

Most, if not all, Africans are listed as Aggressive because they are aggressive compared to other fish. When stocking African tanks you have to look at how aggressive of an African it is towards other Africans. Kenyi juvi's are pretty calm. They start to show their aggression during breeding. They can become very territorial. But as long as you provide plenty of hiding spots and caves, it will be fine. When adding larger fish, start with the most docile and work your way up. But when adding small juvi's, it's not that big of a deal.

OK lol well this thread has been informative but somehow feels moot with the comments about rearranging and it not mattering much with juvis. I am mainly adding Juvis to the tank. So it appears that the order to add them may not be a huge factor.

Thanks for the info everyone and I will watch for aggression issues and keep everyone posted how the tank is coming!

Nope, order is not a big factor when adding juvis. Mainly when adding adults or fish that have received their sexual maturity. I personally do not rearrange the tank when adding new fish. IMO it really doesn't do much.

Back
Top Bottom