Which Tank make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

Taking the plunge to begin keeping fish and want to go Blackmoors
Which tank though - choice is Juwel Rio 125, Ferplast Dubai or the Fluval Roma 90

Thanks v much
J

jeg said:
Hi

Taking the plunge to begin keeping fish and want to go Blackmoors
Which tank though - choice is Juwel Rio 125, Ferplast Dubai or the Fluval Roma 90

Thanks v much
J

Welcome to AA first if all!!

If you're buying new it's gonna cost a bomb.

Try second hand sites such as craigslist or gumtree.

I've seen 60gal tanks for £150 complete with cabinet and extras...

If I had to choose I'd go with Juwel.

I have a fluval roma, but if I were you I would go with the larger tank. Juwel is a great make :)

Thanks v much guys
£wise - some reasonable deals online and would prefer to get something totally brand new to start with really

This hobby can be costly to begin with.

Today I have been to my LFS and purchased a fluval Roma 200. Which on the face of it for a 200litre aquarium with cabinet was pretty cheap at £337.

But then I started to buy extras
Upgraded the fluval U4 internal filter for a fluval 206 external filter
Added an AquaGro Co2 injection kit
Plant substrate
Plant fert
Gravel
Master testing kit
Digital thermometer

And before I knew it my bill was £530. Lol

But I must admit the new design of the Roma cabinet works very well with furniture in my home.

It is all governed by what you want to accomplish. Prior to me buying the Roma I was running a 35 litre tank with some danios and it just isn't enough to satisfy my urge to do more with the tank.

So after reading and searching I decided that I wanted a full planted tank to look after.

Decide what you want it for and then get what you can afford. No need to get an extra mortgage just for some fish lol.

My first tank 35 litre cost around £100 to fully set up and stock.

Jon

Thanks again
Think I'll take the juwel plunge next pay day

Back
Top Bottom